Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Running the Subic Scenery



I attended my first out of town and international marathon in Subic and it was a whole new running experience and at such a reasonable budget. For all the trips I had in Subic, I rarely get a chance to stay long in this area.

Having the whole road traveling by feet, you get to appreciate the place in a different light. You get to see the nice sceneries at some parts overlooking the bay, the lush greenery and all the shops and structures. Then there's the much crisper and fresher breath of air and the not so warm early morning temperature. It was a much appreciated change of environment and it did show in time with my fastest 10K so far at 1:02.

Of course, we're still able to enjoy other features that make Subic famous. Dinner at the bay, coffee and drinks at the Lighthouse and those mouth-watering TJ ribs. Such a nice reward from a tiring fast paced run. It's just two expressway away so it won't be a surprise if I'd be lost here again sometime.

No comments: