Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Trip Back in Time in Ilocos

Been in Ilocos Sur for meetings and conventions during JPIA days... and it was like stepping out of a time machine back in time as the place has old historic churches and then there's the cobble stone streets in the center of Vigan complete with kalesa...

Funny how almost all town being named from Saints (San and Santa)... Santa Lucia, Santa Maria, San Juan and one town ran out of Saints and is just called Santa... Of course, aside from a view of history, there's also the fine white sand beaches and nice bridges and all those delicacies I like, Vigan Longanisa, Bagnet, Kalamay and their Chichacorn...

Then I'm just 50% of Ilocos... I'll have my time up North but for now I'll have to settle for a trip back to time in Ilocos...

No comments: